Saints Simon & Jude Catholic Community invites you to be part of our Festival volunteer family. The Fall Festival is a wonderful opportunity for all generations to come together, sharing their varied gifts and talents, to strengthen our faith community all while enjoying the food, games, rides, and music. Our volunteers are the heart and soul of Festival. The strength, dedication, and talent of our corps of volunteers, many of whom have volunteered for decades, is impressive and heartwarming. As volunteers, they’ve been forging both new and long-lasting friendships through their involvement. The parish is extremely grateful for all our volunteers and the numerous hours that they commit to this event. Sign up today!
Please consider working at least one shift in either a food or game booth. Help is also needed in the kitchen, on the field for set-up during the week prior to Festival and on Monday for clean-up. Additionally, volunteers are needed for Event Staff who work during Festival weekend walking the church grounds as hospitality ambassadors.
We invite you to:
Click here to sign up to be one of our fabulous Festival volunteer!
The Festival Board asked a few people what they loved about our Festival. This is what they shared:
- “I love fostering stronger ties with the greater community through hospitality and fellowship. The Fall Festival is a perfect time to put these values into action.” ~ Christina Villalobos
- “There are numerous things, such as the many people who have so much talent and are willing to share their gifts; the fact that I see all ages mingling, chatting, dancing and singing; the fact that I can’t decide which food booth to try; and the fact that each year I make new friends. What’s not to love about that!” ~ Dianne Schautschick
- “Festival creates smiles and I love being part of that!” ~ Doreen Irish
- “We love the relationships we build with the other Festival volunteers. We also love to cook and it makes us happy to see people enjoy our food while helping raise money for the parish.” ~Anh Nguyen
- “My favorite thing is walking around during Festival and seeing everyone having so much fun, especially the families with the little kids making wonderful memories.” ~ Katy Martinazzi
- “Festival is something we do as a family and it is a great opportunity to meet others in the parish.” ~ Tom Piechota
- “My father was very active in the community and my in-laws actually helped start the Festival. So I love being able to get to know so many great people of the parish through the Festival and continuing my father’s and my mother-in-law’s spirit of volunteerism by being involved with the Festival.” ~ Gail Dyer
- “I love having the opportunity to meet other parishioners and seeing everyone working together for the success of Festival. It truly is a community building event.” ~ Joyce Peterson
- “Festival gives me a chance to catch up with people I don’t see very often and help out the parish while having fun.” ~ Eric Smith
- “Festival is the one time a year where people let loose, hang out with their family, celebrate as a community and gather to join in this amazing faith community. Also, I love seeing many of the kids I used to babysit or run around with at coffee and donuts. This parish is home to me. I return each year because it’s fun and SSJ comes together as a community showing what fellowship and community is all about.” ~ Laura Sumpter Sikes
- “The SSJ Fall Festival is a Huntington Beach institution. Regardless if you’re Catholic or not, Festival is one thing that brings everyone together. I’ve watched it change over the years. Each iteration has been bigger and better, and our community volunteers are the biggest part of its ongoing success.” ~John Burgard
- “I love working with the people that volunteer for Festival. I like working side by side with parishioners that I might not have ever met. We talk, laugh and have a great time. When I see them months later, in church or in the market, it makes SSJ my community, not just my church.” ~ Bob Culhane