“Baptism, the Eucharist, and the sacrament of Confirmation together constitute the “sacraments of Christian initiation,” whose unity must be safeguarded. It must be explained to the faithful that the reception of the sacrament of Confirmation is necessary for the completion of baptismal grace. For “by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.” Catechism of the Catholic Church #1285
Welcome to the Confirmation Journey at Saints Simon & Jude. In the Diocese of Orange, preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation is a two year experience for those in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade. This can begin anytime up until the senior year of High School. However, candidates are encouraged to begin their preparation in 9th grade as this helps foster community and faith alongside their peers. Preparation to receive the Sacrament includes classes, events, retreats, and discipleship. Please see below for more information and links to register.
- Classes meet from October – May in the Youth Room. Candidates in Year 1 & 2 meet on alternating Sundays (approximately twice a month.)
- There are two class times: 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Candidates only need to attend one of these classes but must sign up for their preferred class time at registration. They will be able to switch to a different class if needed throughout the year.
- Both class times will conclude with Mass. We encourage candidates and their family to attend Mass together as part of this faith journey.
- The candidate’s family must be registered members of Saints Simon & Jude Catholic Church. Parish registration can be found here.
YEAR 1 CANDIDATES
- Please complete the online Year 1 Confirmation Registration Form
- A copy of the Baptism and First Holy Communion certificate must be provided at the time of registration.
- Please read through the Year 1 Information Packet
- Attend one Parent & Candidate meeting (see Y1 Info Packet for dates)
- Complete and return the Minor Permission and Release Form
YEAR 2 CANDIDATES
- If you completed Year 1 at Saints Simon & Jude during the 2021/22 school year you are already registered for Year 2 of Confirmation.
- Please review the Year 2 Information Packet for details on what to expect this year and some of the changes we have made to our Confirmation Journey
- If you completed Year 1 of Confirmation preparation at another parish please complete the Year 2 Confirmation Registration Form.
If you completed Year 1 of Confirmation preparation at another parish but would like to complete Year 2 at Saints Simon & Jude please contact Andrew Watson for more information.
Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministry