“Baptism, the Eucharist, and the sacrament of Confirmation together constitute the “sacraments of Christian initiation,” whose unity must be safeguarded. It must be explained to the faithful that the reception of the sacrament of Confirmation is necessary for the completion of baptismal grace. For “by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.” Catechism of the Catholic Church #1285
Welcome to the Confirmation Journey at Saints Simon & Jude Catholic Church! The Sacrament of Confirmation consists of two years of preparation for those in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade. As the junior and senior years of High School can be demanding, it is recommended that Candidates begin their preparation in 9th grade. This also helps foster community and faith alongside their peers. However, the two year journey can begin anytime up until the senior year of High School. Preparation includes meetings, special events for candidates/sponsor/parents, a Year 1 day retreat, a Year 2 weekend retreat, and service in the community. But most importantly, this is an opportunity for high school students to learn more about their Catholic faith, experience their faith, and discover why being fully initiated into the Catholic Church is an incredible gift. Please see below for more information and links to register.
- Meetings are held from October – May in the Youth Room. Candidates in Year 1 & 2 meet on alternating Sundays (approximately twice a month.)
- There are two meeting times: 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Candidates only need to attend one of these meetings but must sign up for their preferred time at registration. They will be able to switch to a different meeting if needed throughout the year.
- Both meeting times will conclude with Mass. We encourage candidates and their family to attend Mass together as part of this faith journey.
- The candidate’s family must be registered members of Saints Simon & Jude Catholic Church. Parish registration can be found here.
YEAR 1 CANDIDATES
- Please read through the Year 1 Confirmation Information Packet 2023
- Please complete the online Year 1 Confirmation Registration Form
- A copy of the Baptism and First Holy Communion certificate must be provided at the time of registration.
- Attend one Parent & Candidate meeting (see Y1 Info Packet for dates)
- Complete and return the Minor Permission and Release Form
YEAR 2 CANDIDATES
- If you completed Year 1 at Saints Simon & Jude during the 2022/23 school year you are already registered for Year 2 of Confirmation.
- Please review the Year 2 Confirmation Info Packet 2023 for details on what to expect this year and some of the changes we have made to our Confirmation Journey
- If you completed Year 1 of Confirmation preparation at another parish, please complete the Year 2 Confirmation Registration Form.
Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministry