POLAND & MEXICO MISSION TRIPS
Saints Simon & Jude Catholic Community will be offering two week-long opportunities to serve on a Mission Trip! We will be continuing our partnership with Praying Pelican Missions to offer individuals and families the opportunity to serve together in intergenerational, relational ministry.
WHEN ARE WE GOING?
- Ensenada, Baja California – June 17th – 23rd, 2023
- Opole, Poland – March 14th – 22nd, 2024
WHO CAN GO?
An intergenerational Mission Trip allows people of varying ages, backgrounds, and experiences to serve alongside one another. God has no grandchildren! We want to encourage families and individuals to serve together as part of our church community and part of the global community.
Given the nature or our work in both Poland & Mexico we do have certain minimum age requirements:
- POLAND – all participants must be 18+
- MEXICO – participants under 18 years old must be in 9th grade or above and be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Individual participants must be 18 years or older.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
Relational ministry. The concept of relational ministry is simple: relationships are at the heart of true conversion. In order to bring others to a relationship with Christ, we must be willing to engage in a relationship with them. Partnering with Praying Pelican Missions we will be serving local communities in many different ways. This might include, but is not limited to:
- Mercy Ministry – rehabilitation centers, hospitals & prison visits, food distribution to families in need
- Church & Prayer Ministry – helping with church services, prayer groups
- Children’s Ministry – VBS, crafts, sports, games, children’s liturgy
- Work Projects – cleaning, painting, construction/repair projects.
WHERE WILL WILL WE BE STAYING?
We will accommodated by one of our partner churches. Separated by gender, participants will have simple yet comfortable sleeping arrangements – air mattress & sleeping bag or bunk beds. Our partner church will also provide bathroom & shower facilities as well as breakfast & dinner each day. Lunch each day is provided off-site while undertaking our ministry tasks.
- MEXICO – The cost of this trip will not exceed $750 per person (this includes all transportation, accommodation and meals). The final cost per person will depend on our fundraising efforts as a team. We want to provide this initial estimate to allow you to prayerfully consider registering for this trip. We hope to be able to reduce the cost of this trip for those attending. However, it will also not go above the amount specified. A deposit of $100 is needed to secure your place. Space will be limited!
- POLAND – The cost of this trip will not exceed $1900 per person this includes flights, ground transportation, accommodation, and meals. The final cost per person will depend on our fundraising efforts as a team. We want to provide this initial estimate to allow you to prayerfully consider registering for this trip. We hope to be able to reduce the cost of this trip significantly for those attending through fundraising. However, it will also not go above the amount specified. A deposit of $250 is needed to secure your place. Space will be limited!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO GO?
- Availability for the whole week
- A Passport and Travel Insurance
- Fingerprinting/Background Check (If over 18)
- Notarized document if under 18 and traveling with an adult family member other than a parent.
REGISTRATION & INFORMATION
Registration is now open! We have limited space. Please contact Andrew by phone (714) 794-1856 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest, pay a deposit, or if you have any questions.
If you would like to support our Mission Trip team donations are greatly appreciated via our GoFundMe page. God bless your generosity!