At Sts. Simon & Jude Catholic School, we attempt to live out the Gospel values through a Franciscan lens. Inflamed by the fire of the Spirit of God, following in the footprints of Jesus and inspired by St. Francis and St. Clare of Assisi, we strive to maintain:
- an intense love of God and a desire to live each day as Jesus did
- a respect for all persons, especially the least among us
- a deep reverence for all creation
- a commitment to peacemaking
- a desire to create community wherever we are
Grounded in community, we strive to live out Jesus’ Gospel values of LOVE:
- Let others go first
- Offer to help
- Voice praise only
- Everyone participates
We are constantly reminded to center our Gospel lives in our relationship with God the Creator, Jesus our Brother, and the Holy Spirit. This relationship is strengthened through Eucharist, prayer, faith sharing and hospitality.
To learn more about the Franciscans, click here to visit the Province of St. Barbara website.