Renaissance Learning is an educational assessment, teaching, and learning software company. Students and teachers at Sts. Simon & Jude School use desk-top and cloud-based components of the software to support and accelerate student achievement. Early Literacy, STAR Reading, and STAR Math are computer-adaptive, norm-referenced assessments. Students at Sts. Simon & Jude School complete these assessments periodically throughout the year to screen students, monitor progress, and assist teachers as they set student learning goals and interventions. Parent Reports are sent home after each testing period to keep parents informed regarding student progress.
Click on the links below to learn more about the different Renaissance Learning modules:
- Accelerated Reading – Accelerated Reading is a computer program that helps Sts. Simon & Jude School teachers as they monitor student independent reading practice. Click here to view The Parent Guide to Accelerated Reading Questions and Answers.
- Accelerated Math – Accelerated Math is a software program that allows teachers to manage and monitor student mathematics practice, progress, and mastery. Both the Accelerated Math and Accelerated Reading programs assist the faculty at Sts. Simon & Jude School to differentiate the curriculum and tailor instruction to meet individual needs. Click here to view The Parent Guide to Accelerated Math Questions and Answers.
- Renaissance Home Connect – By logging on to a home computer, parents are able to see their students’ progress toward math and reading goals through Renaissance Home Connect. Research confirms that parent involvement is a strong predictor of student achievement. At Sts. Simon & Jude School, we work as a team to support each student. We believe that parents will find Renaissance Home Connect to be a valuable tool for monitoring progress and encouraging student reading and math practice and progress.
* Click here to log into Renaissance Home Connect
* Sts. Simon & Jude School students currently utilize the desktop version of Math Facts in a Flash and cannot score Accelerated Math work from home.