Imagine being a part of an organization that fills your heart and mind with the joy and satisfaction of assisting others in need while making a positive difference in both your faith and local communities.
We do just that. And we have a lot of fun doing it, too!
We are the Knights of Columbus of Saints Simon and Jude Catholic Church (Council # 8336), a fraternal organization of Catholic men at least 18 years of age who---in their spare time---are committed to supporting the parish and lending a helping hand in making our neighborhoods a better place in which to work and play. We do so through camaraderie with our Brother Knights while enhancing our faith.
Listed below are just some of the projects and events the SSJ Knights of Columbus are involved with:
- Special Olympics
- Cinco de Mayo celebration fund raiser
- SSJ Festival support (i.e. carnival ride ticket sales, sponsored booth, event security and more)
- St. Patrick’s Day celebration fund raiser
- Wheelchair distribution program
- SSJ Youth Ministry barbeques
- Italian dinner and raffle fund raiser
- SSJ parish school support
- Developmental Disabilities support (i.e. the Huntington Beach “Fun Time Dance” and more)
- “Trunks or Treats” Halloween celebration
- Culture of Life advocacy
- In addition SSJ Knights are also active in other parish ministries including the Acolytes, Lectors, Ushers, Eucharistic Ministers, Mens Bible Study, St. Vincent de Paul Society, Mens Club and much more.
Brother Knights only serve in their spare time. All time commitments are your call. No demands are made of you by the Knights of Columbus. Any amount of time you can spend makes a difference.
Do join us in our fraternity of Brother Knights and make a positive difference in your own life and that of others in our faith and local communities.
And it’s a lot of fun, too!
For more specific information or to contact the SSJ Knights of Columbus directly:
Website Address: www.kofc8336.org
Ken Martinez / SSJ-KofC Grand Knight: (Cell) 714-720-4825
- SSJ Knights of Columbus Council 8336 meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the Community Center (unless there is a holiday).