In 1908, St. Mary’s purchased a Protestant Church on 10th Street in Huntington Beach. The property also contained a small house which became the parish hall and a fish market. (History is silent on the fate of the latter). This church served the congregation for fifteen years. The congregation sat on planks and boxes and knelt on the bare floor during services. The altar was an ordinary table. Until 1912, the ladies cooked breakfast after Mass in a corner of the church for the visiting priest who, of course, had been fasting since the evening before.