Over seven years ago, the parish embarked on a six-year core plan of Lifelong Faith as an invitation to the entire parish community to become immersed in events and experiences designed to foster a communal life, a deeper understanding of the Catholic faith, and the assimilation of faith into one’s personal life. The parish just completed the Year of Prayer and Faith. For the year 2013-2014, the parish will embark on the sixth year of the core plan with a focus on Justice , Service and Catholic Social Teaching.
Why is it important to incorporate issues of justice, peace and Catholic social teaching in a lifelong curriculum?
- First and foremost, our faith as Christian Catholics call us forth to work for justice, serve those in need and pursue peace.
- Second, the situations of billions of people in our world require us to safeguard against injustice, oppressions and violence.
- Third, our actions can make a difference as we face the challenges of gospel values.
This year the Catechetical Board and pastoral staff have planned many events to challenge us and bring us to a better understanding of Christian Catholics in living the teachings of justice, peace and Catholic Social Teaching. A few of the events being provided this year are as follows:
- Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 7:00 p.m. — Start of 6 sessions on Catholic Social Teaching and Scripture with our Pastor, Fr. Daniel Barica, ofm
- Friday, October 18, 2013 - 9:00 a.m. — Repeat of 6 sessions on Catholic Social Teaching and Scripture with our Pastor, Fr. Daniel Barica, ofm
- Friday, September 20, 2013 - 5:30 p.m. — A Walk Through the Mass with our Pastor, Fr. Daniel Barica, ofm
- Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 9:00 a.m. — A repeat of the Walk Through the Mass with our Pastor, Fr. Daniel Barica, ofm
- Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 7:00 p.m. — “What is Catholic Social Teaching” with Greg Walgenbach, Diocese of Orange, Director of Respect Life, Justice and Peace
- Friday, November 8, 2013 - 7:00 p.m. — Join Fr. Rusty for a Mini-Advent Retreat
- Saturday, November 9, 2013 - 9:00 a.m. — Join Fr. Rusty for a Mini-Advent Retreat