As our families begin planning their personal schedules we have begun receiving inquiries about the start date of school next year, and the various vacation schedules. Accordingly, please note the following pertinent/no school/vacation dates for the 2013-2014 school year.
- August 27th - School begins
- September 2nd - Labor Day (no school)
- October 7th - Festival Clean-up (no school)
- November 8th - Diocesan In-service (no school)
- November 27, 28 and 29 - Thanksgiving Vacation
- December 23 - January 3 - Christmas Vacation
- January 20th - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (no school)
- February 17th - Presidents' Day (no school)
- March 14th - Religious Ed Congress (no school)
- March 17th - Teacher In-service (no school)
- April 17th - April 25 - Easter Vacation
- May 26th - Memorial Day (no school)
- June 7th - 8th Grade Graduation
- June 12th - Last Day of School
It is my sincere hope that by having these dates in advance, it will help to significantly reduce any unnecessary student absences. The administration has stressed many times the importance of regular attendance so that your children can receive the maximum benefits from daily sequential instruction. Our teachers are most anxious to have all of the students present and ready to learn each and every day that school is in session. It is extremely difficult to have students "catch up" on instruction they have missed when they are frequently absent. A high number of school absences not only greatly reduces the chances of a student's success in school, it can also tend to have some effect on a student's social interactions with peers as well.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation regarding student attendance. Please call the school office if you have any questions regarding this information.