I would like to take this opportunity to commend all of the students who campaigned for membership on our SSJ Student Council next year. All of the students did a wonderful job with their posters and speeches; everything was so very creative and highly inspirational! I was especially impressed with the candidates’ genuine support and encouragement of one another throughout campaign week. We will continue to rely upon each one of them to serve as role models for the rest of the student body next year.
Congratulations to the following students who have been elected by a vote of their peers to serve as their Commissioners during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Commissioner General – Jackie Kwok
- Asst. Commissioner Generals – Brian Lawhead & Katie Rogers
- Commissioner of Religious Affairs – Kelley Rood
- Commissioner of Finance – Christian Teske
- Commissioner of Communications – Savannah Buyan
- Commissioner of Boys Athletics – Aidan McGee
- Commissioner of Girls Athletics – Emily Peralta
- Commissioner of School Spirit – Olivia Perkins
- Commissioners of Concessions – Anna DiCrisi & Madisynn Saldana
- Grade 1 – Sam Truxaw
- Grade 2 – Benjamin Jara
- Grade 3 – Taya Riley
- Grade 4 – Gigi Timmering
- Grades 5 & 6 – Angelina Rivas
The installation ceremony for these students will be held on Wednesday, June 1, at 2:00 p.m. in the church. Immediately following the installation, we will be bidding farewell to the Class of 2016, and recognizing some of our graduates for their tenure at Sts. Simon & Jude School, their ministry as altar servers, as well as their achievements as CJSF members and student athletes. Parents are most welcome to join us for this special event.