Sts. Simon & Jude Catholic School 50th Anniversary Golden Jubilee
Whether you’re a “Dolphin” or a “Rebel” at heart, we have some wonderful plans in store for you! Please join us for an amazing weekend traveling down “Memory Lane” at SSJ. We are looking for “Class Leaders” to assist us in locating and contacting our alumni to invite them to this fabulous weekend of fun. We are interested in creating some NEW EVENTS (grandparents day, alumni career day) for this anniversary and Catholic Schools Week 2018, but will need your input and participation to make it happen.
If you have not already registered your current address with us, we have been sending your Spirit newsletter and all of our communication to the address listed upon your 8th grade graduation. So PLEASE take a moment to email Kathleen Domenici at firstname.lastname@example.org and send her your UPDATED contact information. We need:
- SSJ Graduation Year:
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Maiden (if applicable) Name:
- Address, City, State, Zip:
- Email Address:
- Phone Number:
- I would like to help! Here’s how:
Invitations will be mailed soon and we don’t want anyone left out! Our last Alumni Reception for our 40th Anniversary in 2008 was attended by over 400 guests. We transformed Colman Hall and filled it with food, drinks, dancing, reminiscing and photos all evening long. Don’t miss the celebration!
Our plans include:
- Saturday evening, February 24, 2018, starting at 5:00 p.m. in Colman Hall
- 50th Anniversary Alumni Party/Reception
- This is an event for all alumni, alumni parents, former teachers and friends of SSJ who are over 21 years of age
- DJ, Dancing, Photographer, Heavy Appetizers, SSJ Mens Club Bar, TShirt sales, Cookbook sales
Sunday morning, January 28, 2018
Alumni Invitation to Open House – all ages welcome, starts after 9:30 Mass!
DON’T MISS OUT! EMAIL US YOUR ADDRESS TODAY!!
Register for our FREE SSJ Alumni Association!
We have a database of over 1,400 alumni who receive our semi-annual Spirit newsletter, which features articles on alumni and current students of SSJ. In addition, SSJ has hosted alumni events and assisted class coordinators who wish to plan a reunion. Please email us your name, address and email to be included.
“Like” Us on SSJ’s Facebook Page!
We invite all alumni, parents, grandparents, relatives and friends of SSJ School who have a facebook profile to “like” our SSJ School Facebook page for the school. We hope you will enjoy this additional avenue of communication between our school and our families, alumni and friends of Sts. Simon & Jude School!
Look for YOUR photo to appear on our facebook page on Fridays, when we feature our alumni on “FLASHBACK FRIDAY” posts. If you would like to share a “vintage” SSJ photo with us, have any questions about our SSJ Alumni Association, or the Spirit newsletter, please email email@example.com.
Whether you are a “Rebel” or a “Dolphin” we love hearing from you! Please contact us soon.
Sts. Simon & Jude School
Alumni Relations Coordinator
Were you here when…
- The Student Government had a Chief of Police?
- Sister Virlee held her annual Halloween Parades?
- Mrs. Ellson was our crossing guard?
- Colman Hall did not exist and a school playground was there?
- The school was only 4th through 8th grades?
- Mrs. Thurston had her Arts & Crafts classes at lunchtime?
- Mrs. Mitchell had 1st grade sleep-overs and her love of frogs?
- The girls from St. Francis of Assisi wore light blue sweaters with huge patches on them?
- The basketball courts were out near the trees in the parking lot?
- Mrs. Tufo taught her social studies classes?
Ever wonder what your old classmates are doing? Would you like to keep in touch with what is happening at your school? Would you like the opportunity to attend school and alumni events? Join the Sts. Simon & Jude Catholic School Alumni Association and keep the connection. There are no dues. Just complete the questionnaire and fax it or mail it back to us. Also, if you are interested in being class secretary or would like to volunteer to serve on the Board of the Alumni Association, please let us know.
Cynthia (Copeland) Daugherty, Class of ’74