“Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, the one will lift up his friend.”
This month’s Christian quality is FRIENDLY which means to go out of our way to welcome others and make them feel accepted. We can demonstrate being FRIENDLY by helping others. Please talk with your children about what it means to be FRIENDLY. A little FRIENDLINESS goes a long way!
You can be friendly by:
- Holding the door open for those behind you
- Saying “good morning” to your teacher, principal, school staff and classmates
- Offering to play with someone new, who doesn’t have as many friends
- Giving someone a compliment at least once every day
- Greeting younger students as you walk on campus, making them feel welcome
- Looking for those who are left out, and including them in a project or a game at recess
- Not hurting others with words or looks
- Smiling. Smiling is easy and happiness is contagious!