” Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” — 2 Timothy 2:15
This month’s Christian quality is DISCERNMENT, which means knowing the difference between right and wrong, and also knowing the very subtle difference between right and “almost right.” It also means to be able to distinguish the difference between fact and opinion.
Please talk with your children about what it means to exhibit discernment:
- Striving to make good decisions in small matters as well as important matters
- Basing your decisions and actions on what you learn in Mass, and by studying the Holy Scriptures
- Following the example set by Christian leaders in your community who display good judgment
- Praying before making decisions
- Learning from your past mistakes and not making the same ones again