The SSJ Auction Committee is excited to kick off our Annual Auction season! This week, you will be receiving your invitation to our Annual Auction, Havana Nights, being held on Saturday, November 12, at the Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa in Huntington Beach. Proceeds raised at this event help support our wonderful school in a multitude of ways, including facility updates, technology, classroom curriculum and outings.
The success of our fundraising event depends on the quality of our auctions. Your role is incredibly important in making this happen! We are asking our SSJ families to thoughtfully consider contributing to the auction. Items can be something of value you already own (new item), something you purchase for donation, or something you solicit from your employer or a local business or corporation. Nothing is too small – often many small items are bundled together to create one great gift basket! Just think about what you would want to bid on! Here are some suggestions:
- Getaways: Donate privately owned homes, Hotels/resorts, Ski-trips, Frequent Flyer Miles
- Entertainment: Movies, Concerts, Hollywood Bowl Tickets, and Comedy Shows
- Family Fun: Theater Tickets, Del Mar Races, Whale Watching, Game tables
- Sports & Activities: Game Tickets, Rounds of Golf, Sports Lessons, Boating, Fishing, Summer Camps, Beach gear, Outdoor games or gaming tables.
- Food, Wine & Culinary Items: Bottle of Wine, Specialty Beers, Food baskets, Cooking Classes
- Electronics: GoPro, iPad, Kindle, Nook, TVs
- Gift Cards: Department & Grocery stores, Restaurants, Day Spas, Salons, Movies
- Unique Experiences: Host a party, themed dinners, host a beach party, host a wine tasting
- Wine: A $20 bottle of wine for the Wine Wheel
For your convenience we have attached an introductory letter for the merchant detailing your request and a donor form to complete with each donation (it is also available online on the SSJ website). Once you have an item/s to donate, just drop off the item(s) and form(s) at our Monday Morning assembly table or the school office. It’s that simple. Our donation deadline is Friday, October 28th. Sts. Simon & Jude School is a registered 501(c)(3) tax-deductible charity, and our tax ID number is conveniently located on the donation form.
Plan on having a great evening at the Auction…we have exciting surprises waiting for you! This is your chance to relax, have fun and enjoy the SSJ Family! Thank you in advance for helping to make this year’s Auction a great success! If you have any questions about the auction, or if you would like to be a part of the Auction Committee, please email Marguerite Hoffman at email@example.com. We look forward to exciting Havana Nights!