Sts. Simon & Jude parish offers a wide variety of options for contributing to parish needs. The following reflects the various forms of contributions:
Weekly Parish Collection – There are several ways a parishioner/guest may contribute to the parish.
- Envelopes: provided on a monthly basis to active registered parishioners. These envelopes apply to each Sunday liturgy within a month as well as envelopes for contributions to the Society St. Vincent de Paul, special holy days, special holidays (Easter & Christmas) and designated second collections.
- Online payment: Sts. Simon & Jude has implemented an online payment system called ParishPay. To sign up for click on the ParishPay link. Simply add the zip code for the parish. To answer you questions about ParishPay, please view our Frequently Asked Question document.
- Personal online payment account. For more information on the new online payment system, please click here.
The PSA helps us recognize the fact that our good works, our faith and our spirit are part of the larger church of the Diocese of Orange. Through the PSA campaign, we are able to support ministries and programs that address the pastoral needs in the Diocese. This year the Diocese has set our parish goal at $177,000. If we are able to meet the 2012 goal, Sts. Simon & Jude will receive back 100% of the funds over the assessed amount. Click here to read a letter sent to parishioners describing the 2012 PSA and how any funds over the assessment will be allocated. Also available, is a recording of Fr. Michael's homily regarding PSA.
Pledges can be made online, or via PSA envelopes that were mailed to parishioners. PSA envelopes are also available for pickup in the church or parish office. Please consider pledging online as there are special incentives in place for our parish for each online pledge submission ($10) and each new family who pledges to the PSA this year ($25).
- Parishioners can select to contribute to the parish through planned giving such as through a trust, will or stock. If you would like more information contact the Parish Office.
Shrines/Candles in Church
- The parish has two shrine areas in the church. Facing the altar, the shrine area to the left contains the statue of St. Anthony de Padua. The shrine area to the right contains the statue of St. Jude. Both shrine areas contain 7-day and 4-hour candles. A suggested donation: $5.00 for the 7-day candle and $1.00 for 4-hour candle.
- The parish offers a wide variety of Mass Cards which include sympathy, health and special intentions. Suggested donation is between $10.00 and $25.00. Come by the parish office to check out the selection of Mass cards.
- Additional information may be obtained by contacting the school office at (714) 962-4451.
You may send donations to Catholic Relief Services on-line at www.crs.org or you may send a check to the parish office and we will forward it on to Catholic Relief Services. Thank you for helping CRS fulfill its mission to “promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies.”
Photography by Cathy LaFever