Sts. Simon & Jude parish offers a wide variety of options for contributing to parish needs. The following reflects the various forms of contributions:
Weekly Parish Collection – There are several ways a parishioner/guest may contribute to the parish.
- Online payment: Sts. Simon & Jude has implemented an online payment system called ParishPay. To sign up for click on the ParishPay link. Simply add the zip code for the parish. Online payments are our preferred approach. We encourage families to consider the paper and postage that is saved by donating electronically. To answer you questions about ParishPay, please view our Frequently Asked Question document.
- Personal online payment account. For more information on the new online payment system, please click here.
- Envelopes: provided on a monthly basis to active registered parishioners. These envelopes apply to each Sunday liturgy within a month as well as envelopes for contributions to the Society St. Vincent de Paul, special holy days, special holidays (Easter & Christmas) and designated second collections.
2014 Pastoral Services Appeal
The 2014 Pastoral Services Appeal charity drive is underway. As you may recall, the PSA for 2013 was incorporated into the Diocesan Capital Campaign. We are deeply grateful for all who gave to last year’s campaign, and now we ask that you prayerfully consider supporting PSA this year.
The PSA drive raises funds for diocesan parishes, schools and vocations for priests and deacons. In addition, the fund also supports diocesan ministries including Catholic Charities of Orange County, Catholic Deaf Community and Catholic Restorative Justice and Detention Ministry. The PSA video contains moving testimony about the ministries assisted by PSA donations. The video can be viewed by clicking here.
This year, our assessment is $177,000, which is the same amount as last year. All funds received over the assessed amount will be returned to the parish. We will use rebates to help fund the significant renovation of the parking lot and address infrastructure issues on parish grounds. As part of that project, we also need to address the property grade and drainage, including the grass field. The project will include improvements to existing water, irrigation and sewage systems located under the parking lot. We appreciate your assist in securing the necessary funds to complete this project; to date we have received $173,871.
Donations can be made on line at the Orange Catholic Foundation website or by returning a pledge card to the parish office. All parish families are invited to make a contribution of any kind as a way to nurture the ministries and mission of the Church of Orange. Thank you in advance for your gift.
For Christ Forever Capital Campaign
- For Christ Forever Capital Campaign is the Diocese of Orange’s first-ever capital campaign to support our growing Catholic community of 1.3 million people. The goal is to raise more than $100 million in cash and pledges by the end of 2013. The campaign supports five priorities. These include our future Christ Cathedral, 62 Catholic parishes and centers, Catholic education, priests retirement and Diocesan ministries.
- The For Christ Forever goal for our parish is set at $1,980,983. A portion of that amount, $177,000, is our 2013 PSA goal. Once parish donations reach that level in cash, every dollar afterwards will be proportioned 25% to the parish and 75% to the campaign. This means that if we meet our overall parish goal, Sts. Simon & Jude may earn up to $450,996. If we exceed our goal, every additional dollar will be proportioned 50% to the parish and 50% to the campaign. Parish earnings will be designated for and added to what has already been collected for needed repairs on our parish grounds, chiefly the parking lot and its infrastructure. We are bringing to completion a pastoral plan to make the entire SSJ campus a safe and welcoming place for you and the many ministries who serve all who come here.
- For more information and to pledge to the For Christ Forever Capital Campaign, click here.
- Parishioners can select to contribute to the parish through planned giving such as through a trust, will or stock. If you would like more information contact the Parish Office.
Shrines/Candles in Church
- The parish has two shrine areas in the church. Facing the altar, the shrine area to the left contains the statue of St. Anthony de Padua. The shrine area to the right contains the statue of St. Jude. Both shrine areas contain 7-day and 4-hour candles. A suggested donation: $5.00 for the 7-day candle and $1.00 for 4-hour candle.
- The parish offers a wide variety of Mass Cards which include sympathy, health and special intentions. Suggested donation is between $10.00 and $25.00. Come by the parish office to check out the selection of Mass cards.
- Additional information may be obtained by contacting the school office at (714) 962-4451.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS), the international outreach agency of the Catholic Church, assists impoverished and disadvantaged people overseas, working in the spirit of Catholic Social Teaching to promote the sacredness of human life and the dignity of the human person. Although their mission is rooted in the Catholic faith, their operations serve people based solely on need, regardless of their race, religion or ethnicity. Within the United States, CRS engages Catholics to live their faith in solidarity with the poor and suffering of the world.
You may send donations to Catholic Relief Services on-line at www.crs.org or you may send a check to the parish office and we will forward it on to Catholic Relief Services. Thank you for helping CRS fulfill its mission to “promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies.”
Photography by Cathy LaFever