Personalized Assistance for people out of work, considering new employment or looking to improve your existing career: Our workshops have changed from classroom style instruction to personalized, interactive activities with our career coaches. You will be involved in exercises that will allow you to leave the workshop with personalized documents that will help you to achieve your career goals.
All Are Welcome – FREE of Charge: The Career Renewal Ministry is hosting job workshops on Thursdays to assist those in need of finding new work.
Two Tracks of Instruction: We offer an initial track for new job seekers that focus on “Basic Job Search Tools”, plus an intermediate track, “Job Acquisition Skills”, for those who have already created their resume and public profile. Sessions of each track are offered each Thursday evening.
Instruction Begins at 7:00 PM on the
Upcoming Events and Information
Guest Speaker and Networking Mixer (1st Thursday of each month)
Thursday, June 6 at 7:00 p.m. at Sts. Simon & Jude - 20444 Magnolia Avenue, Huntington Beach - Wivory Bell, GPHR/PHR, Human Resources Consultant, presents: "Luck is When Opportunity & Preparation Meet.”
- Discover the one word you need to know to find a new job
- Learn 3 specific tips to shorten your search
- Hear an inspiring story about how Wivory rebounded from unemployment to managing her own Women-owned Human Resources Consulting Group
Job Seekers Workshop (2nd, 3rd & 4th Thursdays of each month)
Learn Professional Job Search and Career Development Skills: Our weekly workshops provide personalized assistance for people out of work, considering new employment or looking to improve their existing career. Attendees will learn from a “panel” of experts the key tools necessary for job search and career development success, including:
- Writing a resume that improves chances for an interview
- Learning networking tools that make you memorable
- Recieving real-time feedback on your job search and career development tools
The program is customized to your personal needs with an interactive format tailored to where you are in the job search or career development process.
Materials / Handouts
Basic Job Search Tools Workshop
- Accomplishments & PAR Statement Presentation
- Developing a Resume & Cover Letter
- Creating a Public Profile
Job Acquisition Skills Workshops
- Portfolio Review & Utilizing Linkedin
- Networking & Accountability Presentation
- Networking & Accountability Handouts
8 Steps to a New Job Workshops
- Step #1 - Decide What You Want Next
- Step #2 - Develop a Killer Resume
- Step #3 - Write and Rehearse your Public Profile
- Step #4 - Spend 2/3rds of your Time Networking
- Step #5 - Use Internet Resources 1 - 2 Hours Daily
- Step #6 - Send Resumes to Recruiters
- Step #7 - Prepare for Your Interview
- Step #8 - Be Accountable to God, Community, Family and Self
Guest Speaker Presentations:
- September 2, 2010 – Panel Discussion: “How Soft Skills Affect the Interview and Hiring Process”
- December 2, 2010 - Kimberly Roush, Founder of All-Star Executive Coaching: “Taking the ‘work’ out of networking”
- March 3, 2011 - John Hall, Instructor of Advanced Career Strategies at Brandman University in Irvine California: "Take Charge of Your Career or Someone Else Will". Click here to download John's handouts.
- April 7, 2001 - John Hall, Instructor of Advanced Career Strategies at Brandman University in Irvine California: "Be a Problem Solver -- Not Just Another Job Hunter". Click here to download John's handouts.
- May 5, 2011 - Ted Robison, LinkedIn Instructor for the Career Coaching & Counseling Ministries at Saddleback Church: "Maximizing your LinkedIn Profile"
- June 2, 2011 - Sven Johnston, founder of the 5,000 member Linkedin Group We Are Orange County!, "From Introvert to Master Connector"
- July 7, 2011 - Kimberly Roush, CCPC & CPA, All-Star Executive Coaching: “Capitalize on Your Proudest Moments to Determine Your Personal Brand”
- August 11, 2011 - Milt Dardis, Consultant and Recruiter: "Working with Recruiters and Bad Paper"
- September 1, 2011 - Debra Faris, Founder and Creator Costa Mesa Connectors: "Network In & Out of LinkedIn"
- October 6, 2011 - Al Batinga, Founder of Speak UP Speak OUT!: "Communication is not just A skill, it is THE skill "
- November 3, 2011 - Hank Blank, Blank and Associates: "How to Rise Above the Crowd "
- December 1, 2011 - Dr. Robert Adamik: "Turn Your Interview Into a Winner View"
- February 2, 2012 - Ela Kitchen: "CREDIT SCORING: What Affects YOUR Credit Score?"
- March 1, 2012 - Blair M. Nicol, CFE: Careers in Franchise Ownership: "Minimizing the Risks of Starting Your Own Business"
- April 12, 2012 - Tim Tyrell-Smith, creator of Tim’s Strategy: "It's Time To Get Serious About Your Job Search"
- May 3, 2012 - Darrell Gurney, Founder of CareerGuy.com: Handout for "Top 10 Command-Your-Career Resolutions to Take Back Your Power”
- August 9, 2012 - Edward Michael Coffin, LinkedIn Expert and Job Search Coach: "Find a Job Faster Using LinkedIn”
- November 1, 2012 - Debra Faris, LinkedIn Expert and Job Search Coach: "Network Like a Master with LinkedIn.”
- January 3, 2013 - John Hall CEO, President Advanced Career Strategies, presents: "4 Unique Strategies to Land a Job in 90 Days ”
- February 7, 2013 - Dr. Robert Adamik, DPA - Doctorate Public Administration, presents: "All Things Should FLOW in Your Life "
- April 4, 2013 - Joe Teske, Owner and Principal Advisor of Teske Financial Services, presents: "Managing Your Finances During Career Transition"
Mission: In the spirit of St. Francis, we bring the gospel directly to “the marketplace” through service to the unemployed and underemployed so they may see job search as a sacred journey.
John Hazlin: (714) 904-2510 or Email Link