The parish is part of a Deanery group offering a 13-week program to support our brothers and sisters through the emotional pain of divorce and separation. Key challenges and unique family dynamics as a result of this unexpected journey will be addressed as well as a safe environment to share concerns and reconnect with understanding and a new hope. Open yourself up to experience healing and allow Jesus to restore your faith and renew your path.
Registration is required and includes book, journal, daily devotional and drop-in format for all groups throughout the diocese. Donation is $35.00 to register. Registration will also be open on the first night.
The 13-week program consists of the following topics:
* Why Did God Allow This To Happen?
* Anger with Our Spouses, Ourselves, and God
* Praying in Times of Distress
* What Does the Church Really Teach about Divorce?
* What is an Annulment?
* Dealing with the Ex-Spouse
* Helping Children Cope
* The Healing Begins
* Our Own Self-Worth
* The Value of Suffering
* Letting Go / Working on Forgiveness
* Dating and Intimacy as a Divorced Catholic
* Gratitude and Hope for the Future
Program is being offered Monday evenings on the following dates from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. in the Franciscan Rooms or other locations provided at a later date:
January 23, 2017 March 20, 2017
January 30, 2017 March 27, 2017
February 6, 2017 April 3, 2017
February 13, 2017 April 17, 2017
February 27, 2017 April 24, 2017
March 6, 2017 May 1, 2017
March 13, 2017