The goal of Word and Faith Alive (WAFA) is to invite all persons, whatever their social or cultural background, to discuss and apply the weekly scripture readings. To this end, the formation of small groups is coordinated through the Catechetical Board.
Parishioners are invited to form a group or possibly join an existing group. The weekly scripture readings, with reflection questions and background information, are provided for each group throughout the year.
If you would like more information about joining a WAFA group, call:
Three liturgical resources are provided for use by adults, families, and small faith communities.
- Exploring the Sunday Readings, by Alice Camille. This wonderful monthly publication offers:
* Concise, thought-provoking commentaries that go straight to the heart of the reading
* Practical, challenging questions for reflection and discussion
* An action response for each week's Scripture message
* Opening and closing prayers that set the tone for liturgy preparation
* A Question of the Week for each Sunday to guide parishioners in "breaking open the Word"
* Copies are available in the parish office.
- Bringing Home the Word from Franciscan Media (formerly St. Anthony Messenger). This new monthly publication relates to the Sunday Gospel in our lives today. Each week offers:
* “Sunday Best" relating to some aspect of our Catholic identity
* "The Home Church" offering a faith-filled reflection and an activity for families
* "Prayer" that can be used as a table blessing or in a small group meeting.
* "Reflection Questions" provide thought-provoking questions that encourage discussion among adults, families and other parish groups.
* Copies are available in the parish office or by clicking the link below.
- Year of Faith Resource from Just Faith Ministries. To help parishioners connect formation and discipleship to the Year of Faith study and activities, JustFaith Ministries has developed a monthly resource that provides reflections, ideas, inspiration, and practical tools.